Keeping all of the balls in the air when you are running a business is pretty tough. It’s no wonder the idea of an office refurbishment fills you with horror. You don’t have the time, the spare cash, or the inclination. Right? Well, you may want to think again. Let the office environment slip and you could be hurting your business more than you think.
A simple refurb to update tired furnishings, replace broken blinds, and reorganise the office layout could give your business a new lease of life. Don’t be tempted to do your office refurbishment on the cheap. Professionals such as a reputable commercial blinds supplier, and a decent office furniture supplier will offer invaluable advice. Here are 7 great reasons why you really should take the idea of an office refurbishment more seriously.
1. Creating The Right Impression
Visiting clients will form an opinion about you based on their experience, no matter how good your business model might be. Creating the right impression with potential customers is vital for the success of your business. Company image matters. A bright, clean and uncluttered office will have a positive impact. You want the world to know that you are a forward-thinking and innovative business, and word spreads fast.
2. More Efficient Use Of Space
It’s easy to get stuck in a rut at the office with things piling up in all corners. When the filing cabinets are crammed full, and dust and cobwebs are building up in those hard-to-reach places, it’s hard to see the wood for the trees. Taking the decision to refurbish your office space will give you the opportunity to take a step back and make more efficient use of space. Intelligent use of space could help delay an inevitable expensive move to bigger premises.
3. Review Processes
While you are reviewing the use of space and how to reorganise, it might be good time to take a look at the efficiency of your processes too. Moving towards a paperless office may be something you can consider. There’s online software for everything these days, from HR to rota management and meeting diaries, so there are really no more excuses to be had.
4. Reduce Your Carbon Footprint
Refurbish your office space and review your processes and you have the perfect opportunity to assess and reduce your carbon footprint. Moving to more online, rather than paper-based processes not only makes work practices more efficient, it has a positive impact on the environment too.
5. Happier & More Productive Staff
It’s old news that the working environment affects productivity. Give your office a revamp and you could find your employees working with renewed enthusiasm and vigour! Creativity and concentration suffers in uninspiring environments so it may be a good idea to take some advice from a professional about the perfect environment for inspiring your staff. Involve your employees in design decisions for optimum impact.
6. Review Your Health & Safety
Tatty carpets, broken blinds and unsafe furniture could end up causing you more than a headache. An employee injured in the workplace could cost your business thousands of pounds. Updating your office forces you to look more closely at health and safety issues and get all of those niggling potential hazards dealt with in one fell swoop.
7. Keep Up With Legislation
Government legislation regarding working conditions and office space changes often. The office refurbishment is the perfect time to make sure you are legally compliant with everything office related, such as building materials (including the removal of asbestos), and energy requirements.
Top Tips For The Office Refurbishment
An office refurbishment could end up costing a fortune. However, planned carefully, the benefits will far outweigh the initial outlay. To get the best out of your project, approach your office refurbishment with an open mind. Here are our 5 top tips:
- Have a clear understanding of why you are refurbishing. Prioritise the elements that are most important to your business.
- Stick to your budget.
- Allow ample time to plan the project, and source contractors. Set out a timeframe for any work to be done.
- Be selective about the refurbishment firms you work with. If you are handing the whole project over to an office interiors specialist, be sure to select one with an outstanding reputation. Check out customer testimonials and meet with a few different companies before choosing the one you’d most like to work with.
- Design for now and the future. Endeavour to meet your current office needs with your office refurbishment, but think about the future too. If you are likely to be employing new staff in the coming months, factor them into your spatial re-organisation.