Do you want to know how to cancel YouTube Premium? Many UK and worldwide users subscribe to YouTube Premium to watch ad-free videos on the site. They’re also privy to exclusive originals and additional features. However, you will have to pay to access the YouTube Premium feature. Also, YouTube will continue to charge you a fixed fee until you cancel the subscription. But how to do so?
First, you must log in to your Google or YouTube account to cancel your YouTube Premium subscription. Next, on the right side, press on your avatar. After that, choose the “Paid memberships” option. There should be a paid membership option listed for YouTube Premium. Next, press the “Cancel Membership” option. Click “Yes” when prompted to proceed.
Stick with us as we explore the finer details of how to cancel YouTube Premium.
How to Cancel YouTube Premium
You may want to cancel YouTube Premium because it is no longer the right fit for you. The following steps will guide you through the process of cancelling your YouTube Premium account.
- On your desktop browser, go to “YouTube.”
- Go to your profile by clicking the profile icon in the top-right corner.
- The Account menu will then appear. Below your profile picture, you will find “Your channel” and “Purchases and memberships.”
- Click “Purchases and Memberships” to begin.
- Your purchases and memberships will appear in a new window.
- As you scroll down the membership section, you’ll notice your Premium status on the left and the “Manage membership” drop-down on the right. Select “Manage membership.”
- You should see your membership details when you expand the Premium box. You can also deactivate your accounts by clicking the “Deactivate” button.
- YouTube will prompt you to pause your subscription rather than cancel it. By clicking “Continue to Cancel,” you will confirm your decision.
- Next, YouTube will ask you why you want to cancel your account. Choose a reason, or if you like, write your reason, and then click on the “Next” option.
- One last time, YouTube will ask you if you want to continue. Finalize your cancellation by clicking “Yes, cancel.”.
Almost everyone has used YouTube or heard of it at least once. Whether it’s kids or older adults, everyone uses YouTube since there’s something for everyone on it.
There is no such content that is not available when searching on YouTube. It has to be said, however, that the YouTube experience has changed dramatically.
The video links are filled with advertisements that automatically play when users click them. It’s even impossible to skip some of these ads.
You can get an ad-free experience by signing up for YouTube Premium. It’s easy to sign up for YouTube Premium but a bit more challenging to cancel.
However, you might have successfully cancelled your YouTube Premium subscription via this article. YouTube will no longer charge you because it will remove you from its subscription list.
It is important to note that after cancellation, your Premium benefits will remain active for the duration of the next billing cycle. With the above information, you now know how to cancel YouTube Premium.