Passwords are the first line of defense for pretty much everything … websites, email, laptops, desktop and mobile phones.
Various password-cracking methods exist which use automated software to guess passwords; the three main methods are to use dictionary words, a combination of dictionary and other combinations (known as hybrid) and brute force which uses all possible methods and combinations.
The ideal password is long, complex, and easy-to-remember – but hard to break. Good passwords are often hard to remember so the examples below may help.
- First pick a group of words
- I have a black labrador dog called charlie
- my house is in south-east london
- my favourite rock band is the beatles
- my favourite musical instrument is the saxophone
- I got married in paris in france
- Take each first character and make a word
- Add a random word at the end
- Further strengthen