Imagine your life without an application that helps you grab a taxi or order some food. It seems that the phrase “there is an app for that” isn’t just a joke anymore. Some of the apps are simple (for counting steps, photo/video editors, translators, etc.) and some have complex technologies inside (online banks, services, casinos, etc.).
It’s always more convenient to have a dedicated application and not to look for everything on an internet browser. Mobile applications work differently from the desktop applications or websites. Let’s find out what’s under the hood, using an average online casino application as an example.
It may seem like a strange choice but we are going to explain it. Online casino applications combine many technologies which are usually used on their own. There are three main components within each gambling app:
- Visual – the design of an application, which could be similar to the desktop version, but shouldn’t be exactly the same. Otherwise, it would look strange due to different screen sizes.
- Security – the guarantee that your personal data and transactions are safe.
- Banking – an application should be able to process deposits and withdrawals.
- Games – a well-organised game library with intuitive navigation.
Speaking of games, they are also adapted to touch screens, making them more convenient to play. You will get an unforgettable experience tailored to your device, with reworked interfaces, bigger fonts and buttons, and high-res graphics. Just like with desktop casinos, you are able to download an application and play different games for fun. Imagine one application for a huge gaming library, offering several different categories and providers. Try blackjack, roulette, slots, video poker, or many other games.
Usually gambling websites create separate applications both for iOS and Android smartphones (the most famous mobile operating systems). Both can be downloaded from the App Store or Play Market. In some cases you can download the application from the website. As a rule, most of the apps are free, but providers do earn money from advertisements, which are found in practically all applications.
You are lucky if you have an iPhone, as iOS apps meet strict standards and require special licensing. Android users aren’t as lucky as iPhone users. However, the unluckiest of all are those who use Windows or Blackberry phones. There is a limited number of websites that offer applications for these operating systems.
Mobile versions of websites are different from applications. They may look similar, but there are several differences between the two. We will give you a few reasons to choose the mobile applications:
- More streamlined, without any space wasted.
- Higher processing speed.
- Not as dependent on a good internet connection.
- Tied to the installed payment apps, so you can make deposits and withdrawals faster and more conveniently.
- You don’t need flash player to run games, as most of them are using HTML5 to give you smooth access to any game.
- An opportunity to set up Push-notifications, so you will always be informed of new promotional offers.
- Special bonuses and promotions, which are offered only to the mobile players.
If you have an application, you can use it both on smartphones and tablet PCs. Remember that apps usually ask for permission to get access to some information. If you are sure this application doesn’t need this information, you can deny them permission.
Mobile applications work thanks to numerous components working together in a complicated way, so we should be glad that they are making our lives easier.