9 Tools For Remote Teams To Stay Connected And Productive

business
technology

An increasing number of working professionals are choosing to work from home or remotely. Going by the numbers, since 2005 the percentage of remote workers has grown by 140% which is nearly 10x faster than the self-employed workforce.

While remote workers enjoy many benefits but they have to deal with some challenges as well - different time zones, communication problems, unreliable and insecure ways to transfer information, and poor collaboration.

To ease it for you, here is a list of 11 essential tools for remote team management that can work for any business’s success.

1. ProofHub - A project management app

Managing teams remotely makes it very hard for a manager to keep a tab on who’s doing what. This is when having a project management software comes to your rescue. Proofhub is an all-in-one tool that takes care of projects, tasks, resources, time, reports and everything that matters. It helps managers to know much each team member is working and what they are producing in real time. Other than this, it comes packed with amazing features such as online proofing, kanban boards, Gantt charts, reports to help dispersed teams to focus better.

1. Slack - A team communication app

Slack is one of those online communication apps that could help remote teams communicate and work effectively while integrating with the applications they use. Team managers can use it as a platform to share instant feedback and connect with colleagues both one-on-one and in groups. Slack is very helpful in bringing your team communication in one place that makes managing remote employees a lot easier than before. And, the best part is that it can be easily integrated into hundreds of apps out there.

1. Zoom - A video conferencing app

If you’re working remotely, you probably would know the importance of video conferencing tools for remote workers. Since it’s not possible to have face-to-face meetings, Zoom lets you initiate virtual meetings, webinar, business IM with your geographically dispersed teams. Not only it is easy-to-use but Zoom is engineered and optimized to work reliably. You can add up to 500 video participants and 10,000 viewers making it an absolute must-have tool for remote team members.

1. Google Drive - A file management app

It’s essential to have an effective file management to operate your business smoothly. It’s even more important for remote teams as geographically dispersed team members have to access files of each other. Google Drive acts as a repository for all of it. It is a cloud storage platform to keep your files in one secure and centralized location. Remote team members can create, store, and share documents, spreadsheets, and presentations. The best part is that files can be synced across devices which is helpful for remote workers to view and update them from anywhere.

1. Timecamp - A time management app

When you are working in a remote work environment, time management becomes the need of the hour. Talking about time management, how can we not talk about time management tools. With Timecamp, you can track every hour to boost your team’s productivity. It is quite simple and intuitive in nature that lets you keep your billing on track and on time. Create and send beautiful invoices based on time tracked per project and customer. You can create custom time reports of time logged on the project. Export your report and time log entries as Excel, CSV, or PDF.

1. Todoist - A productivity tool

Life can be overwhelming, but it doesn’t have to be. Todoist lets your remote team keep track of everything in one place, so they can get it all done and enjoy more peace of mind along the way. You can get tasks out of your head and onto your to-do list anytime, anywhere, on any device – even offline. The productivity app is already being used by over 10 million people and trusted by leaders at some of the world’s most famous organizations such as Apple, Google, Starbucks to feel more in control of their lives.

1. 1Password - A password manager

It’s cumbersome for any remote worker to remember passwords and logins to various accounts and tools. 1Password remembers all your passwords for you to help keep account information safe. Thus, it is a password manager, digital vault, form filler and secure digital wallet. Being a manager, get comprehensive usage reports to see how your employees are using 1Password at work. Grant and revoke access to shared passwords and documents, both to individuals and groups. The best part is how its dashboard shows you at a glance everything that needs your attention and also provides analytics for how your business is using 1Password.

1. iDoneThis - A reporting app

When people are working together on something, it’s essential to have a tool that helps you understand what your team is working on, tracks the overall progress, and lets you stay in sync. iDoneThis is exactly this - daily status updates, robust reports, and effective management. Remote workers can check in daily - either through a browser or via email. Get a high-level view of your whole team or organization’s progress over time. Popular names such as Shopify, TripAdvisor, Zappos, Buffer are some happy clients of this productivity app.

1. World Time Buddy - A time converter app

Every remote worker in the world would love this application. World Time Buddy (WTB) is a convenient world clock, a time zone converter, and an online meeting scheduler. Already used by millions of people, the popular time converter app is a favorite of people who work remotely, find themselves traveling, in virtual meetings and more. It helps you schedule conference calls, webinars, and online meetings without any hassles and confusion.

Conclusion

I am hopeful that you find the aforementioned tools helpful and they make working remotely a breeze. Tell us about your experience with the tools in the comments section.

I’ve heard of the tools but I’ve actually only tried Google Drive from the list. I like it, it’s very helpful. I’d like to recommend a tool that I personally like the most and use every day: Kanban Tool ( https://kanbantool.com/ ). It’s a collaboration tool that makes the cooperation within my team more effective. It also makes me more productive. There’s a free trial version so you can try it and see if it’s a tool for you without risking anything.

Thanks. I’ll give it a shot.