Customers achieve seamless interoperability between on-premises VMware and VMware Cloud on AWS
DENVER – CoreSite Realty Corporation (NYSE:COR), a premier provider of secure, reliable, high-performance data center and interconnection solutions across the U.S., continues to improve the blueprint for seamless interoperability between on-premises VMware and VMware Cloud on AWS. VMware Cloud on AWS brings together VMware’s enterprise-class Software-Defined Data Center (SDDC) software and elastic, bare-metal infrastructure from Amazon Web Services (AWS) to provide organizations with a consistent operating model and application mobility across private and public cloud resources. Direct connectivity to VMware Cloud on AWS is available through CoreSite’s Data Center fiber interconnections or through the CoreSite Open Cloud Exchange in four CoreSite markets, including Boston, Denver, New York and Northern Virginia.
With over 66% of all enterprises having VMware installed on-premise, an adjacent hybrid cloud architecture can benefit these organizations by providing seamless interoperability between on-premises VMware and VMware Cloud on AWS environments allowing them to overcome some of the cloud adoption barriers they face today.
- Interoperability & Performance — Seamless transitions and performance consistency between legacy installations and applications with hybrid/multi-cloud infrastructures
- Innovation & Agility — Accelerate development of new applications and rapidly respond to changing business needs and speed time-to-market
- Scalability — Scale capacity up or down without workload friction
- Security — Maintain data privacy, security and compliance regulations
- Extend footprints into the cloud and achieve VMware-consistent environments in the AWS cloud
- Seamlessly rebalance vSphere-based workloads to VMware Cloud on AWS
- Rapidly execute large bi-directional migrations between on-premises and AWS cloud
- Scale live applications to an environment that is operationally consistent with existing VMware infrastructure
- Modernize existing applications through optimized access to native AWS services
- Performance — Accelerate vMotion operations by as much as 80% with Link Aggregation Groups (LAG)
- Reliability — 44% Reduction in latency with fewer network hops*
- High Availability — Increase redundancy and fault tolerance
- Consistency — 60% Reduction in variability with private connectivity*
- Security — Dedicated, point-to-point connectivity
CoreSite is an AWS Advanced Technology Partner and is one of the first data center providers to offer dedicated, private connectivity to VMware Cloud on AWS, providing a high-performance hybrid infrastructure that enables customers to seamlessly integrate their on-premises VMware infrastructure with VMware Cloud on AWS resources. CoreSite customers that leverage direct connectivity to VMware Cloud on AWS will benefit from the scale, flexibility, performance and security of the AWS Cloud, while reducing network latency by more than 40% and reducing data transfer costs by as much as 70%.
About VMware Cloud on AWS
Delivered, sold and supported by VMware as an on-demand service, and running on elastic, bare-metal AWS infrastructure, VMware Cloud on AWS is powered by VMware Cloud Foundation™, the unified SDDC platform that integrates vSphere, VMware vSAN™ and VMware NSX® virtualization technologies. With the same architecture and operational experience on-premises and in the cloud, IT teams can quickly derive business value from use of the AWS and VMware hybrid cloud experience. For more information on the VMware Cloud on AWS partner ecosystem, visit: http://cloud.vmware.com/vmc-aws. VMware, VMware Cloud, vSphere, Cloud Foundation, vSAN, and NSX are registered trademarks or trademarks of VMware, Inc. in the United States and other jurisdictions.
About the CoreSite Open Cloud Exchange
Established in 2013, the CoreSite Open Cloud Exchange is one of the first Ethernet platforms of its kind, built to virtually unite enterprises, networks and cloud providers, including major public clouds such as AWS, Azure, and Alibaba Cloud. Unlike using the public Internet, the CoreSite Open Cloud Exchange establishes direct, secure, virtual connections — enabling more control, reliability, and security for your data. Additionally, CoreSite’s user-friendly online portal allows on-demand access for CoreSite customers to interface directly to virtual cloud environments. Through individualized portals, customers maintain control of data in real time, providing the scalability and elasticity essential for cloud applications.
Expand your footprint into the Cloud with Faction & CoreSite (blog article)
The CoreSite Open Cloud Exchange (product slick)
BCDR with CoreSite and AWS (video)
CoreSite Realty Corporation (NYSE:COR) delivers secure, reliable, high-performance data center and interconnection solutions to a growing customer ecosystem across eight key North American markets. More than 1,350 of the world’s leading enterprises, network operators, cloud providers, and supporting service providers choose CoreSite to connect, protect and optimize their performance-sensitive data, applications and computing workloads. Our scalable, flexible solutions and 450+ dedicated employees consistently deliver unmatched data center options — all of which leads to a best-in-class customer experience and lasting relationships. For more information, visit www.CoreSite.com.
- Reduction in latency and variability based on speed test between direct connection and the public internet.