Nikon Z50, Three New Lenses, And A Controversial Battery Grip Announced Today!

Well it’s finally time! We can share the news, and I mean a LOT of news for the Mirrorless Lineup, with the new releases from Nikon leading up to PhotoPlus Expo this month. Today, Nikon dropped a plethora of goodies for us to drool over; A new mirrorless camera, 3 new lenses, and a battery grip! There’s almost too much to process here, but we’ll start with the Camera. While most people were expecting a “pro” body, Nikon decided to go a different, (smarter), route and release a crop sensor (DX) body with not one, but two incredible compact zoom lenses. The Z 50 Mirrorless Camera and the DX 16-50mm f/3.5-6.3 VR & the DX 50-250mm f/4.5-6.3 VR lenses. we’ll dive into the specifics of these guys further on, but I’ll let you know now that these will be available individually or as a set of packages bundled together, giving the “pro-sumer” pretty much everything they’d need out of a camera system in a single box! (Well, i’m assuming that when you buy this as a bundle it comes in a special box….but I digress.)

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://www.slrlounge.com/nikon-z50-three-new-lenses-and-a-controversial-battery-grip-announced-today/