IT infrastructure giant Schneider Electric is celebrating success this week. The company has won the IT Optimisation Product of the Year category at the 2019 Networking Computing Awards.
The product in question is Schneider’s EcoStruxure IT Expert, the industry’s first cloud-based data centre infrastructure management (DCIM) solution. According to the company, the solution brings secure, vendor agnostic, wherever-you-go monitoring and visibility of all IoT-enabled physical infrastructure assets.
“I’m delighted to accept this award on behalf of Schneider Electric,” says Schneider UK & Ireland secure power division vice president Marc Garner.
“EcoStruxure IT Expert addresses customer’s need to simplify how they manage data centres, distributed IT and local edge environments. By harnessing real-time data from connected physical infrastructure assets such as power and cooling equipment, IT Expert provides alarm management and proactive service recommendations to significantly improve system availability and resiliency.”
Garner says as part of Schneider Electric’s EcoStruxure architecture, IT Expert, operates with all IoT-enabled physical infrastructure assets to reduce downtime and mitigate risk. The cloud-based software delivers global visibility across the hybrid data centre environment from anywhere, at any time and on any device via the EcoStruxure Mobile Insights smartphone application.
Some of the key benefits of IT Expert specified by the judges include:
- Ease of Schneider Electric’s solutions’ deployment to reduce the complexity of registering, downloading and implementing the solution across distributed IT infrastructure
- Vendor neutral data capture of device information, smart alarms, and Schneider Electric’s ability to monitor all connected devices through an open system
- Benchmarking of devices to see how well assets are performing in comparison to others
- Assessments for centralised visibility and consolidated alarms notifications with recommendations to aid decision-making
- Subscription model provides a pay-as-you-go approach to deployment for predictable, flexible costs for any size IT or data centre environment
- 24/7 remote monitoring options through APC by Schneider Electric Channel partners with EcoStruxure IT for Partners or through the Schneider Electric Service Bureau with EcoStruxure Asset Advisor
About Schneider Electric
Schneider Electric is leading the Digital Transformation of Energy Management and Automation in Homes, Buildings, Data Centers, Infrastructure and Industries. With global presence in over 100 countries, Schneider Electric is the undisputable leader in Power Management – Medium Voltage, Low Voltage and Secure Power, and in Automation Systems. www.schneider-electric.com