According to Statista, 197 billion mobile app downloads were carried out in 2017 alone. As the world’s population currently stands at around 7.7 billion people, this works out at close to 25 apps being downloaded per individual on Earth each year. It’s clear then that our smartphones allow us to access a wide variety of useful and handy apps.
Here though, specialist Audi dealership Vindis has advised on three must-have apps to download right now if you’re a motorist to ensure you’re only getting to grips with the most useful and life-changing services…
Make city-centre driving easier with HERE WeGo
How many times has your smartphone lost its internet connection the moment you seem to reach busy city centre streets which you aren’t familiar with? We’ve all been in this nightmare situation, but the HERE WeGo app should mean that you never need to go through it again.
Open the app and you’ll be able to safely download offline maps of not only the UK but countries across the globe like Spain, France, Italy and the US. This means that you can be navigated to your destination even when you haven’t got an internet connection.
Even when you haven’t taken your car somewhere, the app still has its uses. This is because it’ll inform you of carsharing opportunities nearby whenever you need it and can call a local taxi too so that you never need to worry about being stranded in an unfamiliar city.
Where to download the app:
Take the stress out of driving with Android Auto or Apple CarPlay
There are two fantastic smart driving companions available to you which feature similar functions. However, the choice of which one you download will depend on the type of smartphone you have.
Look for Android Auto if you own a smartphone with an Android operating system. This smart driving companion essentially means that while you’re behind the wheel, you only need to mutter ‘OK Google’ in order to…
- Set up real-time GPS navigation and be informed about traffic alerts.
- Check your calendar for any occasions that you have scheduled.
- Set reminders.
- Get up-to-date news.
- Setting up a do not disturb message on your phone.
- Make or answer phone calls handsfree.
- Access so many of your media apps, such as those containing your favourite music playlists, audiobooks and podcasts.
Then there’s Apple CarPlay for those with iOS smartphones. Featuring Siri voice control, here’s just a few things you can do once you open the app:
- Search for attractions while driving by simply asking for directions by the following means: “Siri, where’s the closest petrol station?”.
- Have the app predict where you need to be by analysing addresses on your recent emails, text messages, contacts and calendars.
- Make calls and listen to voicemail handsfree.
- Have Siri read and reply to text messages, as well as send messages in new conversations too.
- Gain access to content via your iTunes, Apple Music or other audio apps accounts, as well as even request for Siri to become your personal DJ for the duration of a road trip.
Where to download the apps:
Find parking spaces a lot quicker with JustPark
You’re sure to feel so much stress behind the wheel when attempting to find a parking spot after reaching a destination. Again though, help is at hand — this time in the form of the JustPark app.
At both the 2017 British Parking Awards and Richard Branson’s 2015 VOOM event, this service has been ushered with high praise. The app itself is made up a database of 1.4 million parking spaces, off-street parking options (think car parks, private spaces and even driveways) and on-street parking possibilities (that’s stretches with parking meters and free parking zones).
There’s much more to the JustPark app then just helping you to find that sought-after parking space mind. You can also reserve a guaranteed space and pay for the spot via the app using either a card, PayPal or either Apple or Android Pay services. You’ll even be provided with easy-to-follow instructions and directions to the space once it’s reserved.
Where to download the app: