Since businesses grow and change over time the ability to scale up or down quickly becomes a necessity. Adding new staff members requires the business to adapt its phone system in order to accommodate the need for more lines. This becomes harder to achieve through an onsite telephony system because of higher setup and maintenance cost, dependence on IT support and the need for expensive equipment. On the other hand, a cloud phone system allows small businesses to manage their communication services in a less expensive way and in a most streamlined and agile manner.
In this article, we are going to highlight the reasons for which small businesses must switch to a voip phone system for business from a traditional PBX system.
- Completely integrated communication system: Integrating a business communication system with everyday applications can help the workflow and increase efficiency. Business tools which operate in the cloud are very easy to deploy which enables employees to stay connected while they are traveling. This way the cloud phone system provides a constant business presence and it also helps in increasing productivity with seamless access to the CRM tools, instant messaging, email, voice and video conferencing.
- Top line business features: A cloud phone system gives small businesses access to those kinds of network apps which one would usually find at large corporations. These include features like auto attendant, virtual assistant, Call Centre solutions etc.
- Flexibility to scale up or down: With the growth of a business, the need to hire new staff members or opening new branches also arises. With this growth comes the need for a communication system which can scale up or down according to the growing business requirements. With a cloud phone system, a small business can add as many extensions as they want in order to accommodate increased call volume or they can simply call in to deactivate the extra extensions if necessary. Compared to the traditional phone systems, with cloud phone system businesses only have to pay for the extensions which they need for as long as they need them.
- Cost saving: One of the major benefits of a cloud phone system is that it is cost saving. Switching telecommunication from PBX platform to cloud can be cheap relative to monthly service rate versus that of a traditional phone system.
- Mobility and ease of use: Nowadays workplace demands mobility and particularly small businesses need to be able to operate from multiple locations. With a cloud phone system, a small business employee can have access to features which allow them to log in from wherever they are so that they can be reached while traveling. These features also help employees in producing more revenue since they gain control over their productivity.
- Improved customer service: Cloud system provides virtual receptionist or auto attendant feature which helps businesses in directing calls easily to other departments and it also helps in creating customized greetings for every department. For example, a small business can set up a holiday greeting in advance and can pre-set it to revert to the non-holiday greetings on a specific date. Businesses can also add an on-hold message about their special promotions or information regarding general questions.
- Control over modes of communication: A cloud system puts businesses in charge which allows them to select and choose the features they need with access to turn them on or off as they wish. Furthermore, cloud phone solutions provide workers anytime-anywhere access through a smartphone, softphone or desk phone to all their calling features. Even better employees can have real-time access to their critical business software.
- Business continuity: working with a cloud phone system business can remain connected to the customers regardless of the environment. A cloud phone system is likely to be unaffected by the outside factors like weather or other problems which might keep employees from getting to the workplace. Cloud-based system allows businesses to maintain a consistent presence and access the tools which are needed to keep things running smoothly.
- Time management and efficiency: Web-based customer portals allow staff to manage their system more efficiently. With insight into the installation, training, trouble tickets, service configuration, call analytics, billing and full access to customer system and accounts, employees can spend fewer resources on project management and can focus better on work which adds to the bottom line. Furthermore, cloud phone system can easily integrate with other cloud-based apps which provides remote employees access to all the features and functionality which they need in order to work efficiently just like they would in the office.
- New service features added easily: during the busy seasons of business, some businesses like to add premium calling features in order to increase the call taking efficiency and to maximise staffing. For example, call groups allow incoming calls to ring on multiple extensions. Call queue feature also provides a dynamic waiting room for the callers which allows businesses to customise the on-hold experience and to manage call volume. Both features help decrease voicemails, busy signals, missed calls and enables services to as many colleges possible.