If you’ve entered the incorrect age on TikTok, you might wonder how to change your age on TikTok. Rules for users in the UK may be different to other countries. But signing up on TikTok is typically limited to those over 13 years of age. So, if you are underage or have accidentally entered the wrong age on TikTok, you might want to change it.
It’s possible to change your age on TikTok. Begin by opening the app and select the Support tab. Next, go to “Account and Profile.” Then, choose “Need More Help.” Now, you need to inform TikTok about an incorrect account age. Be sure to include all the details. You will receive a response email from TikTok, and the age of your account will change.
This article will break down how to alter your birthdate and prevent your profile reflecting the incorrect information.
How To Change Your Age On TikTok
Although changing your birthdate on TikTok can be challenging, it’s essential to learn how to change your age on TikTok. However, due to TikTok’s support team, change might take a while before your age updates. Here are the steps to do so.
- You will need to launch the app on your phone to start using it. Open your profile first. Right above the screen, you’ll see a three-dot option; click it.
- Select the Support tab to reach the support section. Report a problem by clicking the button.
- Navigate to “Accounts and Profiles.” The “Edit Profile” option is available from the menu. Then choose “Other” from the list.
- Click on “Need More Help.” Report an incorrect account age to TikTok. And ensure you give the support team all the pertinent information.
- The TikTok team will send you a response email. In addition to reporting the issue, you’ll have to offer them proof of your age. Once proven and verified, TikTok will change your age accordingly.
However, it will require uploading a passport or government-issued ID for verification. You can also provide them with your school ID or any other form of identification that TikTok accepts.
Younger users of TikTok are unlikely to have this kind of identification. Still, the company uses it to update your birthday.
At any age, minors can get a state ID in most states. It is probably possible to get the proper identification at your local DMV if you do not have it.
TikTok filters videos based on various factors, such as user age. The popularity of TikTok soared last year, following its ranking as the number one app downloaded last year.
Millions of TikTok users are younger than 18, raising concerns about their privacy. The privacy settings on TikTok changed in 2021, making any account under 16 private and disallowing the changing of birth dates once created.
But there’s no need to worry. It’s easy to amend your date of birth using the steps given. And through this post, you will have learned how to change your age on TikTok.